Author: Rockwell Jr., Llewellyn H.
This anthology contains seminal essays on the ideal monetary system. From Sennholz's discussion of Mengerian monetary theory to Ron Paul's espousal of a political agenda that champions a gold standard, readers will find that this book serves a dual role--It is both an introduction to Austrian monetary theory and a guide to important events in monetary history.
Be sure to add this edition featuring essays by some of today's foremost Austrian thinkers to your collection!
The book's contents include:
* Introduction (Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.)
* The Case for a Genuine Gold Dollar (Murray N. Rothbard)
* The Monetary Writings of Carl Menger (Hans F. Sennholz)
* Ludwig von Mises and the Gold Standard (Richard M. Ebeling)
* The Costs of a Gold Standard (Roger W. Garrison)
* Gold and the International Monetary System: The Contribution of Michael Heilperin (Joseph T. Salerno)
* Free Banking and the Gold Standard (Lawrence H. White)
* The Political and Economic Agenda for a Real Gold Standard (Ron Paul)
Publisher: Ludwig von Mises Institute
Publication Year: 1992