Author: Rothbard, Murray N.
Rothbard not only argues for the gold standard; he shows how it can be restored in a practical, step-by-step plan. No other system will stop the seemingly endless monetary inflation of the Federal Reserve system. He also makes his strongest case against fractional reserve banking. This essay was written in 1962 and this edition includes Rothbard's sweeping introduction from 1991, in which he argues that the true gold standard is more viable than ever.
Contents of this volume include:
* The Case for a 100 Percent Gold Dollar
* Money and Freedom
* The Dollar: Independent Name or Unit of Weight
* The Decline from Weight to Name: Monopolizing the Mint
* The Decline from Weight to Name: Encouraging Bank Inflation
* 100 Percent Gold Banking
* Objections to 100 Percent Gold
* Professor Yeager and 100 Percent Gold
* The 100 Percent Gold Tradition
* The Road Ahead
Publisher: Ludwig von Mises Institute
Pagination: 75 pages
Publication Year: 2001